*By Dayana Sobri,
Style Parlour Writer,
9th July 2010.
*Please scroll down to read part 1 of this article.
Anyone who's normal enough will admit that fake goods are still illegal no matter what the excuses to buy them can be.We should face the truth that beyond all that glamorous looking goods that makes us look stylish,is a dark,painful story yet to be told.......
IT'S A CRIME,PEEPS
Next time you're lingering over a fake,think about the criminal whose wallet you're about to line.There are proven LINKS between money made from the trade and organised crime:
- After the 1993 attempted bombing of the WTC,the FBI found evidence that the terrorists had funded themselves by the sale of counterfeit T-shirts.
- Al-Qaeda training manuals advise new recruits to fund themselves by making fakes.
- Every person who buys an imitation could be helping launder money for criminal gangs.
CHILD SLAVE LABOUR
Nearly all fake bags are made in illegal factories in China,often BY children.The kids work up to 15 hours a day!Often in filthy factories,for a pittance.They grow up with HEALTH problems,NO education and no real skills.They're FIRED when they turn 16 because the factory employs younger kids for less,and then they have no skills to get a real job.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT WHEN YOU'RE BUYING A FAKE
- You're ripping yourself off.The government can't collect tax on it so it's ultimately poorer.You're also not supporting real Malaysian employees of that company.
- It's going to fall apart.The reason the real products are so expensive is due to the workmanship put into the creation.